Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mother Nature and her dirty tricks

Last Saturday, saturday after Thanksgiving, I thought it was a little strange that I felt perfectly comfortable staying home and didn't even have an urge to call up some friends last minute to see if they wanted to go out. Oh well, I was probably just tired from going up north on Thanksgiving day, or getting up early on Black Friday to shop til I dropped. And oh yes, I did shop til I dropped! So maybe it was jetlag, for lack of a better term.

Sunday I got up and noticed I felt a little sluggish, even though I had made up for the lack of sleep on Thanksgiving and the night before. By the time the football game came on my throat had started to hurt a little. Probably just the change in the weather, Saturday was the first snow of the season. No, not so much. Monday I awoke with my throat on fire and my glands swollen. Nice. So I go to work. And I'm trying to just get through the day, but it didn't happen. About 1130 I ask my boss if I can leave at noon cause I was just feeling like poo. She said sure just get some rest and feel better. Thought all I needed was some nyquil and a nap and I'd be good as new.

No not so much. I called in the next day cause somehow the nyquil had the reverse effect on me and I did not sleep a wink and my throat just felt worse and I almost felt like I couldn't even swallow. Sigh. I went back to sleep, got up around 11, then literally just laid around all day long, feeling like poo. And in the process I lost my voice. That's finally when I figured out what was wrong...I had laryngitis. Achy throat, no voice, feeling lethargic, yep laryngitis. Nice. Got up went back to work the next day (yesterday) feelin just ok, but not good. Fortunately by the end of the day I did feel a lot better, but still no voice.

And then trying to fall asleep last night I suddenly could not breathe out of my nose. What?? It's not bad enough I get slammed with laryngitis, but now I can't breathe? No it only got worse. Today it looked like I was crying all day because my eyes were just pouring out tears, my nose was extremely runny and I'm sure I looked like death made over. lol What a day. Thank GOD tomorrow is Friday.

I shouldn't really complain too much about this because actually I have a pretty healthy immune system. I only get that sick about once a year, twice at the most. That's what being around snotty kids in daycare does to ya. Builds up your immune system. :) I knew I missed those little rugrats for a reason. ;)

By the way, I did have a very nice Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Got to shoot my gun up at my father-in-law's farm. Did some killer Black Friday shopping with my mom and my little cousin K. Good times. :)

No comments: