Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Year Down the Tubes

2008 was a year of many changes for me. I started a new job, was fired from that job, then wandered aimlessly for the next 3 months doing odd jobs to keep afloat. Then in April I got hired to do a job I had never done, which was completely out of character for me. Maybe the worst and best thing I could have done. Sounds strange right? Well, worst because it is the most boring, monotonous, hum-drum job I ever could have found and it continually sucks out my brain cells each and every day. Best, because it truly made me realize what I was meant to do...be with children. And it has really caused my baby rabies to become full-blown. So now I'm on the search for yet another childcare job (quite possibly with a company with which I've worked before) where I can be myself again, and quit stressing out.

It was also the first year of marriage for me and the hubs and it was a roller coaster to say the least. The job situation caused a LOT of stress between us, so when that was resolved things got better. Thus, in May I stopped taking my birth control pill. :) We are steadily trying to make our little family just a bit bigger. It has been 8 months now but we're not in the worry zone just yet. I was on the pill for 14, yes 14 years. My entire adult life. So with that in mind, we are just taking things slowly, not expecting to be pregnant right out of the shoot, but still hoping.

Overall it was a life-changing year for me. I realized my true calling, survived my first year of marriage, and hopefully by year 2 or 3 will add a little dividend. :)

No comments: