Monday, January 26, 2009

Here We Go Again...

De ja vu. I am in the same predicament I was in this exact time last year. I am jobless.

Some days I sit and wonder why I ever left the comfort of a job I had held for 5 years. But then it all comes back to me after wondering too long. So I went through the job search and found a stable Monday thru Friday job, and soon found that I hated it. But, being the type that I am, I did well at it. I figured if I was gonna be there, no matter for how long, that I was gonna do a good job. And I did. And I messed it up. Just like that.

My husband says it was a blessing in disguise, because I did hate the job after all. I also didn't want to leave until I was good and ready, meaning having another job already lined up. Didn't happen.

So I tweaked my resume on Career Builder, I even went and talked to my old cohorts at my previous job. They have nothing available at the moment. :( This makes me really sad, because after working 9 months (to the day) at a job I hated, I realized that the previous job was the one I liked. So now I wait. I have a job interview Tuesday for the same job I just lost, at a different company. It's a lot further to drive, although it would be more money. But it would still be a job I didn't like, at all.

My emotions are all over the map. I don't know whether to be sad that I'm jobless, or happy that I'm out of a job I didn't like. I know that I am sad that there is no room at the inn, so to speak. I miss my co-workers (a few of them, I did make some friends there), I miss the kids and their parents (some of them). I miss the hours, I dreaded getting up at 6am to go to a crappy job. I like to sleep. :)

I just want to get my life back on track. I have so many plans for this year and they can't go anywhere until I get a job so I'm kinda stuck. They all involve spending money....

~Have a baby
~Buy a new truck once mine is paid off in July
~Buy a house when the lease is up in October
~Finish school

Now I'm not sure if any of this will happen at all. :(

1 comment:

Mamaperreca said...

Well in my experience, have a baby doesn't require much money. Especially if you breastfeed. Also if you want to cloth diaper I can help you/hook you up. I spent only $200 for Gioia total. :)

Sorry about the job anyway, I will let you know if I hear of anything good.