Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A new job, a new start

I did something this year that is a very big step for me. I got a new job! Anyone that knows me knows that a big change like this to me is extremely daunting. I've constantly held a job (all except for that two months after high school) since I was 16 years old. Okay, in MY head that is a long time to be the stable one. But, that's me, that's who I am. I don't generally make huge life-altering decisions like quitting my job, or buying a vehicle or a house, or get married without putting some very long and detailed thought into it. Ironically, I did two of those very things in the last 3 months. LOL I changed my last name, which I didn't think would be a big deal but it's been a bittersweet experience after all. I quit my job. What was I thinking?! Oh yeah....I was tired of all the drama, and feeling completely unappreciated in the eyes of those I worked for. That's all.

But I digress...the new job. It's in the same field, childcare. But this time I will be focusing all my love and care for ONE family. Oh how I look forward to this experience! I was hired from my first interview with a family, how lucky is that! No, you're right, it's not luck. It's 10 years of hard work and loving many many children and knowing what the hell I'm doing in the process. Oh, yes, I do LOVE my children. Just for anyone who didn't think so.

DH was a little freaked out when I didn't have a job the day I quit my old one. Okay, a LOT freaked out, to the point where he kept asking if I could just stay at the old job till I found a new one. Um, NO. It's the principle of it all. I can't just quit and then go back and say oh well can I stay for a little while longer? It's not even that, I did not enjoy getting up in the morning to go to a place I didn't want to be for the next 8 hours. I dreaded going to work. Not because of the kids, no that's the only part I'll miss, them and their families that I got so close to. It was because it was time to leave. I won't air out my dirty laundry here, because I do want to go back and visit from time to time. Basically, it's personal. :)

So now it's a new year and I get a clean slate, job-wise. And relationship-wise too. I'm a married woman with a new job. What's left? Oh, right, a house and kids....we'll get to that some other time, but for now this'll do.

No comments: