Saturday, January 19, 2008

Back to the drawing board :(

Recently, I had the high of finding a great new job, where I would be a nanny to one child (talk about a big change for me!). And now I am at the low of not having that job anymore. Just didn't work out. I feel, very leary of what's to come next for me. It was a huge deal when I quit my job of 5 years, now it's an even bigger deal to not have the job I've had for the last 2 weeks. What am I doing wrong?

Also, lately I've felt a little disconnected from some of my friends. You tend to make a few friends when you work side by side with them for several years, so when you remove yourself from that work, well, you get lonely. Especially someone like me, for whom it's somewhat difficult to make new friends. I can come off as strangely shy or even bitchy, but that's just how I am when I meet new people. I warm up, and if I click with them then they get to know the real me. Which I hope people consider to be funny and smart and maybe a little goofy or nerdy at times. Really, I just want to keep in touch with the good friends I made through my other job. *sigh*

No comments: