For the past 3 days after work I've been hitting the batting cage. I take my little aluminum bat (yes it's a youth size, shut up), my batting gloves (again, youth size, I got small hands), and a couple of bucks and I got cheap entertainment. For a dollar I can hit 20 balls, totally worth it in my mind. I get to hit some balls, get out a little frustration and aggression in the process. And when I get home I'm a ray of sunshine. LOL Okay, well I'm a little more relaxed anyway.
I was talking to DH today about how much fun I have at the batting cage and realized a few things...
1) I miss playing softball. I started playing t-ball when I was 5 years old, then moved on to rotational softball, then slow pitch, and a few years after I played on a coed church league. LOADS of fun. Wish I could find a league now.
B) I tried batting lefty (I'm right-handed) and I have absolutely no hand-eye coordination when it comes to that side! Kinda funny actually.
3) I tend to hit to left field a lot. Must be swinging a little early.
D) Sadly, I can't wear my wedding ring while I hit. :( The vibrations from the bat when it connects with the ball just bounce off my ring so much it hurts. Bummer.
E) Softball makes me think of summers as a kid and that makes me happy. Looking back, I had a great childhood. My parents didn't have a lot of money but my sister and I got to participate in team sports, had season passports to Worlds of Fun for many years, spent lots and lots of time just BEING KIDS. And I truly appreciate everything they've done for us. :)
On a side note, my parents celebrate their anniversary tomorrow. They have been married for 32 years! Such an accomplishment in this day and age where the divorce rate is something like 50% or better. So proud to be part of a healthy family unit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment