Monday, July 21, 2008

Babies....

Yes, it is safe to say that babies are on the brain. Which is kinda weird, considering they were never much on my brain when I was taking care of them every day. Hm. Anyway, I went to my little cousin's baby shower yesterday and got to see how cute she is pregnant, and all the cool things she got for her little girl, and to hear her tell me how excited she is for me to be pregnant. What? In a complete shower of attention, she is thinking about me? I was truly flattered. :) All I wanted to tell her was how excited I was for her and I came away thinking how grown up she is all the sudden. Kinda makes me teary-eyed to think how the little cousins are all growing up.

I say little cousins because there was a time when me, my sister and our cousin M(boy) were the only ones our age for awhile. There were the oldest cousins...D, M(girl), and B. Then there was me, my sister and M(boy). And then when I was 12 it seems like my mom's younger siblings started exploding with kids. The youngest tier of cousins (the little cousins) consists of AK, KK, NR, AR, JK, CK(boy), BK, ARK, and CK(girl). We won't even get into the next generation, that is growing by the minute it seems like. Back to the point....I was a tweener when they all came along so I started babysitting them. Probably where my love of kids started.

And now the oldest little cousin is having one before I am. In a selfish way, yes I am a little sad that a cousin who is several years younger than me is starting her family before I get to start mine, but I'm also very happy for her. I think she'll be a wonderful mom. :)

I can't wait to meet you baby girl PM. :)

No comments: