Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mother Nature's back

After 40 days of waiting. Yes, 40. And again it only lasted 2 days. If I'd known it would be like this I would have gone off the pill a long time ago! After spending every period for the first 5 years of my 'womanhood' doubled over in pain, throwing up and lasting 7 days this is like a vacation! Even when I was on the pill it would last 4 days. Geez, I wasted a lot of time on birth control.

I hope this doesn't mean they'll just farther apart and then gone. I'd like to think that my body is capable of ovulating and all that. I mean it is only my life's ambition to be a mother. For as long as I can remember it's the thing I've wanted to be most.

Anyway, I just keep praying and try not to let it stress me out too much. Although when I was at the grocery store the other day I checked my blood pressure in one of those sit-down-put-your-arm-in-a-cuff things. The top number was a little high, but the bottom one was below normal. Totally weird. I'm guessing it was stress. Stress can do strange things to your body.

In other news, I attended a baby shower last Friday for a friend whom I've known since we were in elementary school. So cute to see her and her little pregnant belly. Of course I won't look like that whenever I get pregnant...no I'll be one of those girls who just blows up like a balloon. Yep I can see it now. I can only hope that, like a balloon, I would deflate easily after the baby is born. :) Haha!

There are just so many signs of new life around me lately that it's just amazing to me. In a few weeks I'm going to a cousin's wedding in Nebraska. A cousin who I can remember as a toddler, standing in our living room at Christmas, hugging a big teddy bear about as big as she was. Getting married. Like my little cousin I last blogged about having a baby...this friend of mine having a baby, another friend had hers in May. Another girl I went to high school with getting married. And me celebrating a somewhat-of-a-milestone birthday in about a month. Wow...we're all so grown up. Where did the time go?

Time to head to bed now. Dream of Mother Nature coming back next month. Or not....

No comments: