For the last year and a half I've belonged to a message board that was created for brides planning their weddings. Through different topics and messages and get-togethers we have all gotten to know one another, if only on a cyber level of anonymity even. But somehow, these are a bunch of women that we all feel we can trust and talk to about anything.
A lot of us have gotten married, had babies, broken up with fiancees, lost loved ones, had miscarriages...just about every tragedy that you could think of. Until today.
One of our girls, who I have had the pleasure of meeting in real life, has become a widow at the tender age of 24. We don't know why yet, but hopefully the family will get answers soon. I cannot even comprehend the feelings she must be feeling right now. The thought of losing my husband, who I've only been married to a year, has never entered my mind. Until today.
She's a pretty cool girl, fun to hang out with, fun to chat with online. Very knowledgable about her intended profession--dentistry. How could this happen to such a good person??? She is much too young to know the pain of losing a spouse. Too young.
After reading the post that announced what had happened, I lost it. I just started bawling, tears down the cheeks, sobbing uncontrollably. I'm crying now while typing this post because it just saddens me to the core. I hope, if she reads this, she knows that we will all be here to support her and be a shoulder to cry on and an outlet so she can let out any anger or frustration or whatever it may be that she may be feeling. So to you OJ.....******HUGS****** I'm there for you.
This whole thing only makes me realize that you just never know when something like that could happen to you. I don't know what I'd do without my DH. Even worse, I don't know what he would do without me. We are each other's best friend. I couldn't stand the thought of losing my best friend. My husband.
So just tell the ones you love that you love them. All the time, because they may not be around tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment