Friday, October 10, 2008

The first year

I have officially been married for a whole year. Where did that time go? My husband and I have been through so much this last year it just flew by. They say the first year is the hardest and I never used to believe that. I mean, come on, everyone knows what newlyweds do...alllll the time, right? Huh. Not so much. In fact, I now know firsthand that the first year is very hard.

Just a little trip down memory lane here....a few months after being married I decided to quit my job. Then had a job, then lost it, then meandered around the city doing babysitting jobs for the next 3 and 1/2 months, somewhere in that time we had a big blowout fight that led my DH to actually saying "so is that it then?". Yes he actually thought we might get divorced because of one big fight. Thankfully we got past it and are closer because of it. So anyway, then I got my current job, and though it's not what I really want to be doing, it's paying the bills for now. DH knows that I don't like it and is very supportive of me doing what I like, as long as it pays the bills. LOL He grew up with 2 working parents and firmly believes I should work, whereas I grew up with a stay-at-home mom for whom I will be forever grateful got to stay home. This is one issue that we greatly disagree on, and that is why I am compromising. I'm trying to get through online schooling to be a medical transcriptionist, which is a job I can do from home, so when we do have kids I am able to be a working mom and a stay-at-home mom. At the same time. Let's hope.

Anyway, we also got to go on our first vacation in 2 years, which was very good for us and our marriage. It was like we realized all over again that we were each other's best friend. :) We also still have our wonderful dog Charlie who lights up when we get home from work. He literally is the coolest dog ever. And this year DH has really started taking to our nephew more. He's at a really fun age where you can understand most of what he says, take him on long walks where he wants to walk (or in his case, run) with you, play baseball with him. He's a 3 year old to beat all 3 year olds....of course, I'm partial to him. :)

This year has also made me realize who my real friends are. A lot of the friends I have are ones I made while working at my previous job, and most of them are still there. I was a little worried how things would change with them when I quit that job. But, I'm happy to know that that did not affect our friendship. Just so you know, TW, MW, TS, and mostly JR, I'm glad we're friends. :) Through and through.

By the way, gotta give a shout out to JR, because she is an awesome friend and I'm very happy that she has found the man she's meant to be with. That's one of those things that, when you realize it, it takes you to a place of bliss, and peacefulness that you thought didn't exist before. When everyone says "you just know" when it's the right person, you finally get what they mean. It all sinks in. So happy for you girl!!

So another subject I haven't mentioned in a few posts....I am on CD 11 (for those that don't know, it means Cycle Day 11). The last cycle was 30 days exactly, 8 days shorter than the previous month. I think they're actually becoming somewhat regular. Good thing, cause it's pretty much been hit and miss, if you get what I mean. LOL Maybe now we can actually shoot for the right days. Okay I'll stop! LOL Couldn't help it.

Alright alright....so I'm still considered a newlywed. But that's okay. I'm sure in 5 years I can look back and say I'm still married to my best friend. Well, pretty sure anyway. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are seriously awesome. I have great friends and you are one of the best! Thank you for always being here for me, and being so happy for me!