Friday, June 8, 2007

cynical untrusting me (apr 07)

After much debate with myself, I have come to a conclusion, one that I knew many years ago but kept rebuffing in hopes of proving myself wrong. And that conclusion is, there is only one person I can really truly trust in this world, and that is me. Maybe I'm just getting overly cynical and pessimistic as I grow into my late 20s, but that is just how I feel. Don't get me wrong....I love my family to pieces, and I love Jason more than I ever thought I was capable of. I think trust is just a different issue though. As surely as I know how much Jason loves me back, I'm not sure I can trust that he'll ever know how much his snoring bugs the hell out of me, or how I really hate to nag him about things, or how much I wish he was more willing to participate in MY family outings as much as I participate in his. It could be that those are just man/woman differences, or it could be he just doesn't 'get' me as much as I want him to. I don't know. But anyway.....I'm gonna keep rebuffing the notion that I can only trust myself and I hope I do prove myself wrong someday. I don't want to be a cynic forever.

No comments: