Friday, June 8, 2007

the proposal (feb 15, 07)

Last night while driving home, I tried not to put too much pressure on what day it was, Valentine's Day, because I knew I'd be setting myself up for disappointment. So when i walked in, I immediately noticed there were flowers in a vase on the kitchen table with a card sitting by them. I also noticed how Jason was passed out on the couch. It was dark so I turned on a light, which instantly woke him up. He was a little confused, he hadn't realized he had been asleep for the last 3 hours! I walk over and give him his gift (his very own brand new lunchbox!) and a card and get all mushy and tell him I love him. He says he had a whole idea planned out but he fell asleep, so he hands me my card. It was kinda cheesy and funny at the same time, and on the inside he wrote 'i hope we can spend the rest of them together', meaning Valentine's Days of the future. So just as I'm analyzing what that means he comes over, gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him, to which I respond 'yes!', put the ring on my finger and throw my arms around him in a tight embrace. My eyes welled up with tears, I think his did too. And both of us were hugging so tight we didn't want to let go. It was the most honest and pure act of kindness anyone has ever showed me. I knew there was a reason I was hangin on to him. :)

So there it is, my proposal story. It is now forever immortalized in type. LOL

No comments: