Friday, June 8, 2007

insight to insomnia? (jan 07)

So here it is, almost 430 in the freakin morning, and I do not feel the least bit sleepy, like I should. Insomnia is kicking my ass!! Here's the worst part..I'm not one of those people that can function on 3-4 hours of sleep. I need 7-8 hours to be on top of my game every day. First thing I'm doing when I get up (if I ever go to sleep that is) is call my doctor to get my Lunesta script again. It's either take that and try to retrain my body clock to sleep when it's dark, or find a job where I can work an overnight shift and sleep during the day, when I'm actually tired. But I really don't want to have to rearrange my life because of my sleeping habits. And those of you who have no problems sleeping may not realize this, but insomnia is not only a lack of sleep but it's a big source of stress in my life. It's not only preventing me from functioning in daily life but it's also preventing me from being able to sleep in my own bed at night, with Jason. That's what hurts the most. I want to be able to sleep (and yes I only mean sleep!) with my boyfriend again.

No comments: